Aug 18, 2012

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings"

Im not a vegetarian or vegan,but I do like to keep the food I consume at a variety. I find vegetarian and vegan foods to be quite tasty,and I make them every once in awhile. Sometimes even replacing my standard non vegetarian dish,for something more veggie friendly. PETA(whom I do not particularly agree with all the time) has some great recipes for those who wish to change their diets over to accommodate a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle change. I saw this one and I HAD to try it!

This dish resembles buffalo chicken bites in style,and the taste is quite good. Though the texture is not really anywhere near similar to chicken,as the website states. Its a delicious snack that can be served anywhere vegetarians or vegans are! I remember the phase I went through,in my first year of high school. I tried my hardest to be a vegetarian because a band I loved was composed of all vegetarians. Unfortunately,it didnt last long,because when I went to other people's houses,or out to eat at certain restaurants,there werent a whole lot of options. And I didnt want to be rude. Its quite unfortunate that people's varying taste buds and lifestyle choices can cause a bit of a divide between them. Luckily,Im not a kid(or teen) anymore,and I make most of my own food. I also dont have sleepovers or stay over the weekend at my grandmother's house anymore,lol. So I can teach myself to make whatever dishes I choose,and share them with others. You dont have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this kind of stuff folks. Vegetables are yummy. And I know plenty of people who are regular meat eaters,that would gobble these up at a party or game night or any other event. Enjoy!



Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower 'Wings'
1 cup water or soy milk
1 cup flour (any kind will work—even gluten-free!)
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces
1 cup buffalo or hot sauce
1 Tbsp. olive oil or melted vegan margarine

* Preheat the oven to 450°F.
* Combine the water or soy milk, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
* Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes.
* While the cauliflower is baking, combine your buffalo sauce and olive oil or margarine in a small bowl.
* Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
* Serve alongside vegan blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment