Aug 23, 2012

Liquitex Professional Spray Paint review

Every once in awhile,I like to broaden my crafty and creative horizons. I got the opportunity to do so,when I received a sample of Liquitex Professional Spray paint. Per their official website,Liquitex has the widest array of acrylic paints, mediums and tools available.

Liquitex Artist Acrylic paints were created in 1955 with the aim to satisfy the needs of mural painters. As the inventor of Acrylics, we at Liquitex continually strive to uphold our tradition of innovation and always work to produce artist materials that not only satisfy, but stretch the creativity of our artist’s imaginations.

Liquitex paints, mediums, and tools have been developed as a complete system to work on virtually all porous surfaces. Because all of our acyrlic paints and mediums have been formulated to intermix, artists can create an unlimited range of special effects: from thick sculptural applications to thin permanent watercolors and everything in between.


I was lucky to receive a miniature sample of their Professional Spray Paint in the gorgeous Cadmium Medium Red Hue. I promptly went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a cute wooden box to paint,which I will be using as a decorative display box for Victorian charms and stickers! One of the things I love,is that the paint dries quickly,yet stays wet just long enough to erase mistakes. Thats right,on a lot surfaces,this paint will wash off easily when still wet! Luckily I didnt have to wash anything,as I laid down construction paper and surprisingly,didnt get any on my skin or the wall. I put it directly in front of a vent,so that the smell and vapors could be ventilated. But the smell actually wasnt very strong at all to begin with. It went on evenly,and only required one coat on all sides. I will definitely be seeking out this company in the future when I want to purchase paint supplies! You can get a sample too,on their website. Heres a little more info about the products.

Spectrum: 100 Colors
Properties: Highly Pigmented, Water-based Technology
Finish: Matte
Caps: Standard cap ideal for detail work or filling in; skinny caps and fat caps also available
Size: 400ml


Introducing Liquitex Professional Spray Paint, a stunning innovation developed for professional artists. Combining artist grade pigments with revolutionary water-based technology, Liquitex Professional Spray Paint offers color brilliance, lightfastness and durability in a unique low odor formulation.

• Lightfast

• Water-Based Technology

• Low Odor

• Durable and Permanent

• Color Brilliance

• Matches Liquitex Color Spectrum

• Professional Quality

• Versatile

• For Use on Multiple Surfaces



USES AND TECHNIQUES

• Large-scale artwork

• Intermixing with acrylics

• Outdoor and Indoor murals

• Underpainting

• Stenciling

• Mixed Media

Available now at your local US and Canadian Michaels Store and fine art retailers throughout the world.

http://www.liquitex.com/spraypaint/


Disclaimer:I requested a sample for the purpose of reviewing it. Samples can be requested at the given website. I was not compensated further,and my opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment